Monday, September 12, 2011

Working - Home and Office

A Multi-Country Compare and Contrast
This is a shot of the home office in the Singapore rental.  If you can't tell, we've concocted a desk out of a mahjong table.  It's bright and sunny, next to the open windows.  I work French hours, which means I sit there from 2pm to around midnight or 1am Singapore time, depending on the day.  I try to take a break at dinner that lines up with the French lunch hr.  It has its advantages, nobody asking you questions, annoying you.  On the down side, it can get a bit lonely.  I may spend some time in Jean's office downtown just to be around some people, we'll see.
When I get back to Paris I'm happy to be around my colleagues.  I like them a lot, we have a good group of people (management excepted) so there is a social aspect to work.  However, it only takes about two weeks for that to wear itself out.  I am headed back to Singapore on Friday night and I am ready to go.....

No comments: