Saturday, September 17, 2011

Paris - Gotta Love Politics

Once Lawyers Get Involved, Nobody Wins...
We're smart - we dedided to sue SAP even before the first office rolled out.  As you can imagine, when you sue your software vendor, things get kinda ugly.  All manner of silly things happen, like for instance the day before I was scheduled to go to Singapore the SAPpies make a big deal about my not attending some dumb meeting in Germany next week.  So, off I go to Germany next week!  I'm taking it in stride.  Today, rather than stroll through the Singapore humidity, I took a hike to the highest point in Paris, Sacre Coeur (Sacred Heart.)  The view is one of a kind.  If you zoom in, you'll see the multi-colored Pompidou Center, which is close to my apartment.


After soaking in the view, I walked down through the 10th towards home, stopping at a neat market called Marche San Quentin.  I had a "pression" which is a small glass of beer that the government mandates the price of.  Only 2.40, which is quite a deal here in Paris.  The new schedule has me in Paris on Monday, train to Heidelberg Monday night, Tue/Wed/Thur in meetings, train to Frankfurt and a flight to Singapore Thursday night, landing Friday evening.  Makes me tired thinking of it.

2 comments:

Sal said...

Was your life this hairy when you were using PeopleSoft?

FN said...

@Sal - we still are using Peoplesoft! It's a bit of shadenfreude actually, I like to see the "all-knowing, better than you" Frenchies making a complete mess of things. I am giggling inside when I am not angry about being a pawn in the game.