Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Paris - the Master Plan, Part II

Time Will Tell if it Worked....
I waited for the right moment, 8pm, when he was tired.  I told him I had to talk to him for 5 mins, he glanced at his watch, giving me that "if it's quick" look.  I sprang into action.  "At the end of July I'm moving to Singapore to be with my girlfriend.  I would love to stay involved with the project, I just need to cut my travel down a bunch."  Not sure he was getting the word "bunch" so I continued on "I've been soldiering through this heavy travel for three years, I would like to reduce it."  He smiled and took notes.  I went on, telling him about Jean, telling him I don't need an immediate answer, to think about it a bit and get back to me.
"Congratulations, Josh" he said with a big smile.  I need to think this through."  He apologized for rushing off - he was late to dinner.  I don't want to jump the gun, but I think I got him.....  I think he will come back to me to negotiate on time spent in Paris but I really do think I got him.....  If not, I did the best, most patient power move I've ever tried.

5 comments:

Sal said...

Is this your French boss? Aren't Frenchmen supposed to be such big romantics? Hmmm.

FN said...

He's Belgian and he wears his pants up to his underarms and holds his knife and fork as you would a baseball bat. So, no.

Dan said...

Good on ya

MaCherie said...

Is he one of those guys that has to be fed a big steak to be kept happy??? That's awesome though. Can't wait to come visit you there :)

FN said...

@Mach, you're welcome any time.