Thursday, September 3, 2009

How The Other Half Lives.....

Much Better Than I, For Sure
One of our colleagues invited us over to her new apartment for dinner. She moved here from Moscow to work on the project. Apparently Moscow is way more expensive than Paris. She is constantly amazed at how cheap things are in Paris. So, she probably brought her considerable Russian salary with her. Her apartment is on an inside courtyard with a small yard and fountain.


Here's the view from the front door.

The interior was no less impressive. This is a very un-French apartment, meaning it was recently renovated to the bone. Her kitchen was really nice and included a 15 foot long, 1 foot wide skylight that could be covered using an electronic switch

Her bathroom was larger than my bedroom, with a separate tub an shower stall. Not shown is the walk in closet just outside of the bathroom.

That's her on the left, Tamara. On the right is my colleague from the UK, Wayne. In the middle is Dinesh - the guy whose wedding I attended in Mumbai. We sat in the living room eating and watching tv. We only rarely talked of work, which made the night all the more enjoyable.

We had a salad with parma ham and cheese. It was lovely.
Of course, Dinesh had to ruin it by dousing it with his hot sauce. He never leaves home without it - takes it to all restaurants too.

4 comments:

The Puff Speaks... said...

WOW WOW WOW... Talk abt jaw drop!You really do give me a dump to live in Paris babe!!! Wahahahaha...

You shd re-post the entry on your Paris apt and your NY apt for comparative purpose :)

FN said...

Hey, hang on a minute, Missy....

I live in my dumpy Paris apt ALL THE TIME, you just come once in a while.....

Besides, I ain't got a Russian salary to use. Doesn't is seem strange that nowadays, a Russian salary is so high?

Sal said...

Could it just be the thinggy between the rouble and the Euro--exchange rate is what I mean.

FN said...

Sal - it could be, but that exchange rate implies the strength of the Russian economy, which is a strange thought.....

Oh well, I get paid in "soon to be worthless" American dollars. They'll be useless right about when I want to retire. Hey, hang on, I want to retire right now...