Friday, December 6, 2019

Ipoh, Malaysia - Center Square

God Bless AirBnB
I rented a small house on the SE edge of the city, near the start of the race.  It also happens to be close to many cave temples, which I hope to visit before I leave.

The house is at the end of a small road, adjacent to an open field.  There are shops, restaurants and street stalls at the start of the block.  In the morning I walk up to the local coffee shop and drink coffee.  I bought a bunch of fruit and drinks from the shops nearby.  There are chickens running around somewhere, they're up early.

The house also appears to come with two cats.  They're street cats for sure but this is their turf.  I don't know if they've adopted me or the other way around.  Squeaks is always on the mat outside the front door, usually snoozing.
He loves to be petted and scratched.
His wary sidekick, Mr. Bannister, is a more reticent.  I've been feeding them three squares a day and they are very much wolfing it down.

The house is comfortable.  It looks as if an elderly Chinese couple up and left the day before.  

The kitchen is good if a bit under supplied.  Apparently old Chinese couples don't need knives for anything.  There is not a single knife in the place, dull or otherwise.  How to cut my bread?
I've gotten comfortable here quickly.  After a nice ride, I stretch out on the couch and watch tv.
They probably wouldn't approve of my bringing the bike box into the living room.
Not to mention the bike.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww I love the kitties!