Friday, February 28, 2014

Singapore - Birthday Celebrations

Yes, As in Plural
This was a great birthday year -I had three separate parties.  The first was about ten days ago with Jean and her friends at an Italian restaurant.  Plenty of wine was flowing.

Clearly, though I am slower and dopier after another year, I'm still hilarious.  One of Jean's friends made me a homemade cake that we brought to the restaurant.

On the actual day, Jean was working in Shanghai so I went over to her mom's house for dinner, cake and Mah Jong.

They cooked my favorite Indonesian meal - Gado Gado, a selection of veggies and tofu smothered with a spicy peanut sauce.

It was delicious as always.  Best of all, I didn't lose money playing Mah Jong.

When Jean returned she took me to dinner at a restaurant inside the flower dome, which is the glass building on the right.  It's a large greenhouse which houses plants from semi-arid locales.  The one on the right specializes in tropical plants and has a large waterfall keeping it humid.  We had a nice meal then strolled around the dome, checking out the plants.  








I even got a homemade birthday card from my best friend Giselle, Jean's niece.

No comments: