Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Singapore - Sun Power

Growing
I'm ashamed to admit that I've done nothing much to the roof as far as plants go.  However, with a nudge from the girlfriend, we bought some pots and soil and planted a few seeds of Basil on Saturday afternoon.  We bought the seeds in Syracuse during our summer sojourn.

By Tuesday they'd already sprouted.  If it doesn't rain I go up and water them once a day.  Is it normal for them to sprout in just three days?  I'm already envisioning using the leaves in pasta dishes and maybe I'll even try to make some Thai basil pork rice.  That is, if I don't manage to kill them off before it's time for the harvest.

2 comments:

Sal said...

Don't forget pasta with basil pesto instead of tomato-based sauce. Hmmm.

FN said...

Oh yeah!! That sounds good.