Saturday, July 21, 2012

Montreal - Oil and Water

A Tale of Two Countries
While working in Paris I took my share of American bashing at the hands of the French and British.  However, nothing was better than watching those two bash each other.  The level of teasing, mocking, friendly joking and back-stabbing was something to see.  These two countries really do not get along.  Yet, here we are in Canada, an attempt to house the Brits and Frenchies under one roof.  No wonder the Quebecoise want to secede and the rest of Canada disdains them for it.


Nothing you will ever say to me will convince me it's going to work.  I know it won't.  There will always be two countries within one.  The Quebecoise will fiercely cling to their language and culture and it's a good thing - it's a better country as a result.

No comments: