Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Brooklyn - Two Days

Whirlwind
After Sunday golf with Che and the crew and Dodo's mall shopping, we hopped into the rental and finished off the final 80 miles to Brooklyn.  We walked all around, cruised the subway and took cabs.  There are many more bike lanes - even a few that slice through Times Square.

We spent a morning walking the High Line, which Dodo hadn't seen before.  The plantings have grown considerably since my last visit, throwing a lot more shade.

It was packed with tourists, there was a perfect combination of bright skies and cool breezes.

As usual, most of the graffiti has turned over.  We saw this one in the Lower East Side.

The best new food spot we found was this one.  It ain't Gannon's, but it did the trick.  I don't think the ice cream is gay, just the owner.

The new World Trade tower is beginning to peek over the other buildings and can be seen from the Brooklyn Promenade.  I expected more changes but Brooklyn mostly looks like it did when I left.  What has changed is me.  I no longer love this place like I used to and now see more negatives than positives.

No comments: