Friday, September 3, 2010

Paris - Decathlon, Part II

The Frenchiest Event
Time to get it on!! Next Tuesday Colin and I will battle in our second decathlon event - Boules. It's the French version of lawn bowling. Neither of us is totally sure of the rules so we've drafted a real Frenchie to come along and help. Ming, our trusty admin, got us each our own set. They're a lot heavier than they look. To make it uber-Frenchie, we are going to play in Place des Vosges.

I plan to do a bit of practice this weekend. How French will I look walking down the street with my little black case of boules? The afterparty will be at Chez Janou, where the loser will buy round after round of pastis for the winner and his groupies.

2 comments:

The Puff Speaks... said...

Hey Lazy Bum!! Why no posts for so long?? What have you been doing in Paris???

FN said...

@Dodo - well, suffice it to say we didn't have our competition because of meeting overruns. It's scheduled again for tonight so I've got my fingers crossed....