Sunday, July 18, 2010

Brooklyn - End of Summer

It's Been Great
We're headed to the airport in a few hrs. I won't be back to NY until fall, so this is the end of my NY summer. I'm really sad about it - I don't want to leave. I've enjoyed it tremendously. I've seen some friends, played golf, eaten lots of ice cream, taken lots of walks and sat outside at many a cafe. My favorite newspaper reading spot, shown below, is at the corner of State and Henry. During my retired days I sat here everyday. I'm off to Paris for 3 weeks, then Asia for 3 then Paris for 3. By the time I get back to NY it will be fall. Hopefully it'll be warm and sunny still.

8 comments:

Sal said...

Nostalgia? From the Kid? Wow.

FN said...

@Sal - why is it a "wow", elaborate and elucidate, please.

Sal said...

I thought you'd become hardbitten these days, with no place for sentimentalism. . .

The Puff Speaks... said...

I agree Sal!

FN said...

@Sal - what nonsense.

FN said...

@Puffin, yeah ok - hardbitten is what you're gonna get, DOPE.

MaCherie said...

I get your nostalgia. Dorothy said it best: "There's no place like home."

FN said...

@Mach - thanks Mach, you're the only one who gets it....