Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Gentleman Farmer Lifestyle - Sarasota

They Got a Tool for Everything
Who woulda thought that such a thing as a grapefruit snagger exists? I'd never seen one before and to be honest, I only used it for fun - there were plenty of grapefruits within reach from the ground.

I never really have liked grapefruit much but I think my tastebuds have dulled with age. Dad's are amazingly juicy and sweet. His tree is loaded. Pingles and I ate them every day and even picked some to pack back to Brooklyn.

It's a shame Dad can't eat these any longer with his stomach issues. I really think he should load up the car with them and take em down to the farmer's market - they'd sell well if he gave out bite-sized samples.

It was a nice vacation perq. Too bad we were a bit late for the oranges......

2 comments:

Sal said...

How do you get the grapefruits to fall into this nifty-looking thinggy if they're on the tree tightly?

FN said...

@Sal - if you look closely, you'll see the hooked ends of the tool which grasp and pluck the fruit. In fact, mine didn't want to come out, I tugged it off the tree.