Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Costa Rica - Back Again

Two Weeks of Work, Some Golf Thrown In
Flew down Saturday night and woke up early Sunday to play a round of golf.  The course is an Audubon-certified wildlife sanctuary, for what that's worth.  I saw a wide variety of birds, many floating around on top of the hundreds of small lakes dotting the property.

If you're easily intimidated by water shots, this is not a course you'd want to take on.  Half of the tee shots are over water.  I hit a lucky shot on this one, the ball barely cleared the water, then took an odd bounce right up on the green for an easy birdie.
Golf doesn't appear to be a popular sport here.  The course was practically empty and I was allowed to play alone.  I sped through all 18 holes in about 2 and a half hours.
Afterwards, I went to a favorite cafe near the hotel.  It used to be a private house that was converted to a cafe.   It's in a quiet neighborhood and the seating extends into the back yard.
I had lunch and a flan de caramel.  It was a good Sunday.

It was all business on Monday.  We're training the newly-hired Costa Rican employees on the UK business so they can take over a week from now.  So far, so good.  There are 5 UK colleagues on site with me.  We'll be here for two weeks.

No comments: