Monday, August 5, 2013

Singapore - Decorating Update

Getting Customized
Who knew that the Dodo could paint freehand?  Near the front door we painted one wall bright yellow and then added some stickers.


Dodo used blackboard paint to draw the speech bubbles.  I tried to tell her how to do it and she ignored me, of course.  She had it all under control.
Then we wrote some stuff with chalk.  Making fun of the Dodo, I wrote in my favorite French saying "Metro, Boulot, Dodo" which is what a fatigued worker says.  It means "train, work, sleep" as in that is all I do every day.  The last word "Ennuient" means boring.

I was sure my bathroom magazine holder was going to be a hit.  I made it with three clipboards and some wooden blocks.
Dodo and her girlfriends teased me.  "Felt like I was in a cafe bathroom, lor" one of them said in a typically Singlish way.



No comments: