Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sarasota - Grasp Bird's Tail

Learning Tai Chi Moves One to Six
Jean and I went over to the local Tai Chi spot with Dad for a beginner's class.  It was the second in the series but thankfully they started over from the beginning.  It's harder than I thought it would be and I enjoyed the depth of focus required to master the moves.  The hour and fifteen minutes went by quickly,
It's just a five minute ride from home.
They're a super friendly crew and though I had a strong desire to write down a silly name on my name tag, I toed the line and refrained from writing "Fred" or "Tai-bolic."
We learned the first six moves and repeated each over and over.  I was helped by an overzealous senior who soon realized that my clumsiness was permanent.  Not too sure how anybody else did, I was so focused on myself I didn't pay much attention to them.  That is, until I sneaked away and aimed the camera......
The next morning Dad exclaimed "this morning my back didn't hurt at all. That hasn't happened in I don't know how long." Coincidence.

2 comments:

Sal said...

Oh cool! Dad & I are learning the same style: Taoist Tai Chi. We can work out together when we visit. Glad it's helping his back some. The other people tend to be very helpful in many ways.

FN said...

@Sal - I didn't say it helped out his back, I said it was a coincidence.